Leech Lake Frostfest
Welcome to the first annual, Leech Lake Frostfest. Join us on the frozen waters of Minnesota's 3rd largest lake for an afternoon party of craft beer, snow golf, live music, a homebrew competition, local foods, and more. Portage Brewing Company, in partnership with the Leech Lake Watershed, Tianna Country Club, Green Scene Organic Market, Piggy's BBQ, Reeds Sporting Goods, and Trappers Landing Lodge, are curating one heck of an on-ice event. 10% of all proceeds will go to the Leech Lake Watershed Foundation. Dress warm.
- Date: Saturday, February 10th, 2018
- Ticket Cost: $20 (kids 12 and under get in free)
- Ticket Includes: Limited edition mug for the first 288 buyers, pint of Portage beer, snow golf, and raffle prizes
- Nearest Landmark: Walker City Park, Walker, MN 56484, USA
- By GPS: 47.10653 N, 94.578574 W
- Stay: Trappers Lansing / VRBO
- Overview: In partnership with Tianna Country Club, a 9-hole snow golf course will be designed and constructed for play. Entry into the event covers your 9-hole round of golf, a club, and a ball. Each hole has its unique distance and hazardous challenge. Take your time to finish the round and cozy up in our warming houses provided by Reeds.
- Beer: Provided by yours truly, and yes, we'll have a beer cart.
- Local Foods: There's nothing better than barbecue and beer. Enjoy the best BBQ around from our friends at Piggy's.
- Live Music: By Corey Medina
- Homebrew Comp: In partnership with Upstream Homebrewers Club, enjoy free homebrew samples at each hole's warming tent, while you golf. At the end of the round, vote for your favorite beer where the winner will be invited to brew at Portage Brewing Co
- Activities: Bonfires, an outdoor beer garden, live music, ice hole (similar to corn hole), giant jenga, and more. What more could you want (seriously, email us with ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org)?