Class B Certified Boiler Operator Needed! - Maintenance
Job Description SummaryOperates and maintains boilers and steam/hot water systems that supply heat or power for a potato processing plant.
- Responsible for working in a safe and orderly manner while in the plant or on plant property.
- Lights gas or oil-fed burners under the direct supervision of the Boiler Chief.
- Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators, and burners.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions.
- Makes repairs such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings, as necessary.
- Analyzes and treats boiler feed water.
- Maintains log of meter and gauge readings and records data such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- Communicates boiler operations needs with production and maintenance departments, assuring safety requirements are met.
- Adheres to all company and plant policies, work rules, and procedures.
- Ability to wear an SCBA and HazMat suit
- Work overtime occasionally
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED equivalent and at least three years related experience and or training.
- Must possess at a minimum Minnesota First Class “ B” Boiler license or higher.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.