Electrician- Maintenance Journeyman
Job Description SummaryRepairs, troubleshoots, and calibrates electrical systems and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Diagnosis malfunction building equipment, process equipment and machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as process maintenance, packaging maintenance, and refrigeration maintenance to diagnose malfunction.
- Assists in plant projects as well as assisting with project start ups
- Diagnosis and replaces faulty components on machines such as relays, switches, transformers, motor sensing devices.
- Diagnosis and repair or replace faulty components such as printed circuit boards,, transmitters, receivers, and readout indicators.
- Calibrates and tests measuring equipment such as scales, flow meters, level indicators, temperature, pressure, and speed indicators using the proper test equipment such as voltmeter, ammeter, signal generators, oscilloscope, 4-20 ma and rtd simulator and rtd simulators.
- Troubleshoot process control equipment, and systems using computers to diagnose program ladder logic.
- Develops and programs controllers using associated computers and software.
- Interprets schematics and blueprints for installation and troubleshooting purposes.
- Performs and maintains timely work orders and duties as assigned.
- Works in a safe and orderly manner while in the plant or on the plant property.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
- The preferred candidate will possess a current Minnesota State Electrical Journeyman License or possess a current Maintenance Electrician License.
- Completion of a two-year vocational degree in electrical or electronics field is minimum qualification.
- Prefer 2 – 4 years related industrial experience and/or training to accompany degree or license.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratios and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must possess the ability to work well with others.
- Strong computer skills excel, word and Auto-CAD.
- Prefer PLC and HMI software experience.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.