Trimming and Inspection
Job Description SummaryInspects, sorts and removes defects from raw product or processed product. Trims whole potatoes with a trim knife in a French fry/specialty potato product production facility
- Employee must be responsible to work in a safe manner following safe work practices whilein the plant or on company premises.
- Able to work a schedule of on 6 off 2 days on a rotating basis
- Frequently work overtime when needed, in early, hold overs and days off
- Lift and carry cases of product weighing between 10 and 36 pounds.
- Utilize ergonomic practices such as job rotation as necessary
- Remove foreign material and non-standard product from processing equipment
- Frequently holding a trim knife to trim defects from raw potatoes.
- Inspects raw and or processed products to ensure quality, when assigned to areas
- Report any malfunction of food processing equipment as quickly as possible to the Process Operator, Crew Chief or Team Leader
- Attend and comprehend all training programs and follow all company policies.
- Perform sanitation duties during periods of downtime and as assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform sanitation duties during clean up times and at times during line breaks, such as using a pressure hose, scrub brush and scraping
- Have the physical ability to wear a wet suit and can use cleaning chemicals in a safe manner
- Work in temperature and humidity extremes
- The ability to trim potatoes effectively for areas of defect as prescribed by the trim evaluation under time limits as set in the policy of trimming potatoes
- The ability to pick out defects at frozen inspection
- Lifting 10 pounds frequently as in lifting potatoes.
- Holding a pressure washer wand.
- Using a scraper to scrape buildup from machinery and or equipment.
- Lifting and carrying brooms, shovels and squeegees, doing bags inspection during poly runs, making sure box codes are appropriate.
- Climbing stairs and or ladders either to perform job duties or to access work areas.
- Lifting to 36 pounds occasionally as in shoveling product off the floor in the process part of the facility.
- Lifting to 36 pounds occasionally as in picking up bags or cases of product during rework or working in the packaging part of the facility.
- Continuous exposure to moving machinery and or parts while performing assigned job duties.
- Occasional exposure to areas of high traffic flow of forklifts
- Frequently exposed to heat and cold temperature extremes as well as wet and humid conditions, including wet, oily and slippery floors.
- Keep your work area clean
- Other duties as assigned
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.