Head Start Preschool Teacher
MAHUBE-OTWA is actively recruiting a Head Start PRESCHOOL TEACHER. Seeking caring individuals with a strong independent initiative, and experience implementing developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood development to work in our Head Start Center. Your workdays will be filled with educating young minds, laughter, art, stories, hugs and so much more. Go home each day having had fun at work and feeling like you made a difference!
Implement curriculum that provides an inclusive learning environment allowing for children’s development based on individual need. Provide a daily routine and prepare a weekly lesson plan ensuring all required elements are incorporated.
Pay: $21.91 - $22.67
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday, full time seasonal with summer layoff
Work Remotely: No
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vision. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, PTO and more…
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework and experience in the early childhood field or a current Teaching License.
- Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and DHS licensing regulations and ability to operate center in accordance with standards.
- Must have the ability to work positively and cooperatively with children, families, and staff as well as internal and external partners.
- Must effectively manage typical and spontaneous classroom situations. Must have the ability to handle emergency situations with young children and families.
- Must honor private/confidential information.
- Must have valid drivers’ license.
- Must qualify to work with young children through DHS NetStudy clearance
Why join the MAHUBE-OTWA family?
Be part of our team of passionate, purpose-driven colleagues who believe in our Agency values - Client Focused, Community Minded and Resourceful. Help us achieve our Mission to empower people to achieve self-sufficiency. Make a lasting impact in the fight against poverty and homelessness. Make a difference in the life of a child. Join to help us deliver tangible results that empower people and strengthen our communities.
A COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED as well as 2 work related letters of reference.
Complete application on our website WWW.MAHUBE.ORG/APPLY-NOW
MAHUBE-OTWA Community Action Partnership, Inc.
1125 West River Road, P.O. Box 747
Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
Equal Opportunity Employer