Lead Maintenance Technician
CHI St. Joseph's Health is looking to hire a responsible and compassionate Maintenance Engineer Technician with top-notch maintenance skills and techniques , a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively performs preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment, systems and structures throughout the facility.
As a Lead Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality skills necessary to test, inspect, repair, operate, maintain, and calibrate the Plant Operations systems (vertically transport, HVAC, plumbing, boiler, steam, chiller, medical gas, refrigeration, power distribution, emergency power, fire detection and suppression systems, and communications). Additionally, as the Lead Engineer you’ll have additional duties and responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling, mentoring, educating and training new staff, work direction, ordering and other duties as assigned. Maintain facilities safety culture for all patients, visitors and staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minnesota State Class 1 C Boiler License or higher preferred or must be able to obtain within one year of hire date.
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License required.
- Blueprint reading, trouble shooting, working in extreme temperatures required.
- 3 years experience in building system maintenance required.
- Able to meet ADA requirements.
- 5 years experience in building system maintenance or 3 years experience in healthcare maintenance setting.
- Licensed in Electrical, Plumbing, and/or HVAC or related preferred, or must be willing to obtain within 1 year of hire.