Environmental Services Aide
Environmental Services Aide
The posted compensation range of $13.80 - $17.03 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As our Environmental Services Aide at CHI St. Joseph's Health in Park Rapids MN, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, you’ll keep our patient rooms and all areas of the hospital clean and sanitized to protect everyone from potential illness or injury due to infectious diseases or other hazards. This is a weekend night position.
You’ll succeed in this job if you are thorough and committed to safety. Not only will you perform routine cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, or dusting, you will also use specialized equipment and techniques to further sanitize this facility.
You must learn and adhere to proper disposal techniques for biohazard materials, including bodily fluids or sharp objects. You will learn about and safely use disinfecting chemicals and learn techniques and procedures for cleaning certain specialized rooms or pieces of equipment. You may also refill soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers, tissue holders, and other supplies, as well as deliver clean linens to patient rooms.
You will truly excel in this role if you are friendly and enthusiastic about helping others. You are truly the most important component of safety and comfort for our patients, visitors, and staff. A clean facility with kind staff provides so much comfort and peace of mind to patients, their loved ones, and everyone working here.
- Provide routine cleaning and decluttering to appropriate areas of the hospital - dusting sweeping mopping and disposing of trash.
- Sanitize appropriate areas of the hospital using approved tools and routines which may vary by location. Patient rooms emergency rooms and operating rooms will all have their own procedures and vary from the hallways nurses’ stations waiting areas and restrooms. Use proper chemicals procedures and equipment to clean and disinfect surfaces thoroughly.
- Restock supplies as needed in supply areas common areas and patient rooms. This may include soap paper towels bath tissue facial tissue bath linens bed linens and your own cleaning supplies in supply closets.
- Learn and follow proper techniques for disposal of all medical waste including biological or biohazard waste such as bodily fluids or sharp implements.
- Remain patient kind and personable in all interactions with patients visitors and staff.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One year healthcare housekeeping experience.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, $2,000 sign-on incentive and more!