The Housekeeping Supervisor brings joy to Guests at C'mon Inn Hotel by acting as a core driver of front line efficiency and effectiveness in the Housekeeping department. This leadership role is critical in the selection, training, staffing, and coaching of front line staff to ensure the safety, quality, and timeliness standards of the guest experience. This is a full time position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and mentors housekeeping staff daily to ensure cleanliness standards and operational efficiencies are met or exceeded.
- Ensures the turnover of all vacant and clean rooms in a timely manner; verifies stayovers, reports early check outs, and communicates issues and discrepancies with front office.
- Provides coaching, encouragement, and recognition to Team Members when necessary.
- Understands and champions C'mon Inn policies and procedures, and collaborates with Housekeeping leadership in performance management of the department.
- Understands and participates in scheduling of staff, labor management and forecasting.
- Participates in the development and execution of training programs for new hires as well as ongoing training for Team Members.
- Creates and schedules daily assignments, daily and weekly projects, and optimizes staff to ensure Hotel cleanliness and performance.
- Conducts daily stand up meetings with Room Attendants in order to prioritize the day and facilitates feedback from Team Members.
- Escalates Team feedback to leadership.
- Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness, damage, supply levels, maintenance issues, and temperature control, and reviews results with Room Attendants; coaches and drives accountability and performance improvement.
- Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for the next day's activities; ensures and promotes safety standards in these areas.
- Supervises activities of staff and area to ensure compliance with Hotel standards, including the management of time and attendance.
- Participates in recruitment process and selection of talent for the housekeeping department.
- Assists with regular state of the team meetings and helps plan engagement activities for Team members.
- Ensures the completion and proper communication/escalation of maintenance work orders and other concerns to the appropriate department.
- Schedules deep clean and carpet care based on bi-yearly schedule and guest comments.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Housekeeping Experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service, conflict resolution, employee engagement, retention and team building skills Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist
- Capable of tolerating exposure to chemicals