Community Employment Specialist
Are you good with people? Are you patient? Compassionate? Are you organized and driven to succeed? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people? If you said yes to these questions, you have the most important qualifications for the job!
The Employment Specialist will coordinate and provide employment support services to people with disabilities to obtain and maintain individual employment opportunities in the community. We also work with students to learn transition skills. Primary functions include: job development, case management, job coaching and follow-up support.
- Markets services to potential employers. Markets services to both external and internal referral sources to obtain referrals for placement and related services.
- Assists individuals in securing community based independent employment.
- Provides employment support services so that job retention and performance enhancement is assured.
- Develops an assessment and appraisal of the person’s performance in the program and progress on their identified goals.
- Traveling to areas schools to work with students on skill building
· Problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to develop ideas and innovative approaches
· Ability to maintain a positive and professional rapport with a variety of people
· Competitive benefits
· Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
· Employee referral bonuses
· Retirement savings
· Career growth and development opportunities
· The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
HCDAC, Inc. is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. We have been loving what we do for almost 50 years.
HCDAC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour