Facilities Maintenance & Safety Coordinator
The Facilities Management and Safety Coordinator oversees all building-related and safety activities. This position is responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure all facilities are safe and well-functioning. Key focus of this position is to ensure that business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so employees can work under the best conditions. Important skills are to be well organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs and providing a safe environment. The Facilities Management and Safety Coordinator will oversee and implement facility wide programs including workplace safety, construction safety, industrial hygiene, hazardous waste management and other related programs that support a safe and problem free conditions. This position will be responsible for developing, leading, promoting, and implementing all programs that encompass environmental health, safety and facility maintenance which reduce risk while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. Establishing excellent working relationships is critical to role.
· Valid driver's license required; acceptable Motor Vehicle Report required.
· 2-4 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
· Associates degree in Safety and Health or a related field; or equivalent education and experience.
· Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office)
· Strong mechanical inclination is essential, the ability to see a problem, determine the cause, and follow through with a repair
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated experience of building and leading teams
· Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
· Strong procurement and negotiation skills
· Must be well organized, detail and customer (internal and external) oriented self-starter
· Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations and other environmental regulations
· Experience performing risk assessment preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of culture and behavioral safety
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Park Rapids, MN 56470: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- EHS: 2 years (Required)
- Facilities maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)