Head Start Site Coordinator
MAHUBE-OTWA is actively recruiting a Head Start Site Coordinator. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to coordinate and supervise the delivery of educational and/or family support services provided in Head Start (HS) /Early Head Start (EHS) centers, home base, childcare sites, and family services for assigned staff. The Head Start Coordinator will train, coach, monitor, and oversee HS/EHS staff in the field. Partner with program staff and community resources to provide a continuum of services to children and families living in poverty from diverse backgrounds offering them the opportunity to reach self-sufficiency.
- Pay: $26.99 - $28.51
- Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week, full time, year-round with reduced summer hours
- Remote Work: Partially Remote, will travel within our 5 county area
- Location(s): Park Rapids or Detroit Lakes, MN
- Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance,
- Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, PTO and more…
Why join the MAHUBE-OTWA family?
Be part of our team of passionate, purpose-driven colleagues who believe in our Agency values - Client Focused, Community Minded and Resourceful. Help us achieve our Mission to empower people to achieve self-sufficiency. Make a lasting impact in the fight against poverty and homelessness. Make a difference in the lives of others. Help us deliver tangible results that empower people and strengthen our communities.
EEO Statement: MAHUBE-OTWA is an Equal opportunity Employer (EEO) and Affirmative Active (AA) Employer. We recruit, select, hire, transfer, promote, demote, layoff, discipline, terminate, recall, compensate, and train without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.
A COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED as well as 2 work related letters of reference.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Four (4) year degree (BA or BS) in Education or Human Services with:
- An emphasis in Early Childhood Education
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Five years of experience in delivery of comprehensive services for families with children ages birth-5 years including planning, organizing, and supervisory skills; or a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job responsibilities.
- Must possess computer skills including, but not limited to, email, internet, data entry, and computer files
- At least five years of experience working with low-income families and preschoolers/infants/toddlers
- Knowledge of health, nutrition, early childhood development, and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Familiarity with Head Start Performance Standards, family systems, childcare licensing, and Whole Family approach. Must be able to make decisions relating to program operations.
- Exceptional professionalism required with staff, clients, families, partners, and stakeholders. Must be able to interact positively with children, families, and staff even in difficult situations.
- Must be able to engage in problem resolution, assess need/problem objectively, and manage crisis situations.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal relationship skills as well as the ability to be resourceful, flexible, adaptable, and demonstrate commitment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have the ability to train parents and staff as well as the ability to express/exchange ideas and provide instructions to staff, clients, and the public.
- Must be able to honor private/confidential information.
- First Aid and CPR certification required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, vehicle insurance, good driving record, and willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Must qualify to work with young children through DHS Background Study.