Itasca State Park
- Itasca State Park Business
- Year Round Lodging
The Mississippi headwaters and a whole lot more!
Established in 1891, Itasca is Minnesota's oldest state park. Today, the park totals more than 32,000 acres and includes more than 100 lakes. Walk across the mighty Mississippi as it starts its winding journey 2,552 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. Stand under towering pines at Preacher's Grove. Visit the Itasca Indian Cemetery or Wegmann's Cabin, landmarks of centuries gone by. Camp under the stars, or stay the night at the historic Douglas Lodge or cabins. Explore Wilderness Drive past the 2,000-acre Wilderness Sanctuary, one of Minnesota's seven National Natural Landmarks.
- Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center open year-round
- Dining offered seasonally at historic Douglas Lodge
- Snack bar open seasonally at Mary Gibbs Mississippi Headwaters Center
- Gift shops located at Visitor Center, Headwaters & Forest Inn
- Vehicle permit required to enter park; $5/day $25/year (motorcycle: $20/year)
- Accepts less than full week's stay
- Boat/Motors Rental
- Handicap Accessible
- Major Credit Cards
- Meeting Room
accommodationsUnitsType of AccommodationRates Starting At5Cabin: 1 bedroom$110.00 to $125.00Notes: Cabin #1 & #11 Handicapped Accessible.1Cabin: 10 bedrooms$455.001Cabin: 2 bedrooms$145.006Cabin: 3 bedrooms$188.00Notes: Cabin #5 Is handicapped Accessible.4Room: 1 double bed$67.002Room: 2 twin beds$88.003Suite: 2 rooms$110.0012Suite: 3 rooms$126.00 Open all year.....Notes: Suite # 61,71 Handicapped Accessible.
East Entrance is 21 miles north of Park Rapids on U.S. 71. From Bemidji, the East Entrance is 30 miles south on U.S. 71. From Bagley, the North Entrance is 21 miles south on State Hwy 92/ U.S. 200.