Itasca State Park
ParkAttractionItasca State Park BusinessYear Round Lodging
- 36750 Main Park Drive Park Rapids MN 56470
- (218) 699-7251
- (218) 699-7210
- Send Email
- Visit Itasca State Park Website
Itasca State Park is open year-round: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
East Entrance is 21 miles north of Park Rapids on U.S. 71. From Bemidji, the East Entrance is 30 miles south on U.S. 71. From Bagley, the North Entrance is 21 miles south on State Hwy 92/ U.S. 200.
Come for the river, return for the pines!
Established in 1891, Itasca is Minnesota's oldest state park. Today, the park totals more than 32,000 acres and includes more than 100 lakes. Walk across the mighty Mississippi as it starts its winding journey 2,552 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. Stand under towering pines at Preacher's Grove. Visit the Itasca Indian Burial Mounds or Wegmann's Cabin, landmarks of centuries gone by. Camp under the stars, or stay the night at the historic Douglas Lodge, cabins, or year-round suites. Explore Wilderness Drive past the 2,000-acre Wilderness Sanctuary, one of Minnesota's seven National Natural Landmarks.
- Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center open year-round. Information, registration and gifts.
- Dining offered seasonally at the Douglas Lodge Restaurant and the Mary Gibbs Mississippi Headwaters Center Cafe
- Shopping offered seasonally at the Mary Gibbs Mississippi Headwaters Center Gift Shop and the Forest Inn Gift Shop
- Vehicle permit required to enter park; $7/day $35/year (motorcycle: $20/year)